The moon has a way of drawing people into a magical spell! This was definitely the case that evening as it was also a partial lunar eclipse which could be seen in most of South and East Asia, Europe, Africa and Australia. The sunsets in Kefalonia are breathtaking every single day, but to be able to say you were sitting in the middle of the Ionian Sea watching the sunset and then watch the moonrise is definitely something you can’t say everyday or something you will ever forget!
Angela Gregoropoulos ‘Priceless’
Caron Brown ‘Unmissable experience. So beautiful I could have cried. Made me stop and appreciate the beauty of my surroundings ’
Andy Henderson ‘Thank you so much for an amazing evening’
Annette Connolly ‘Highlight of our holiday’
There are many rumours about the moon and how it affects human as well as animal behaviour... ’ARH......oooooooooooooo’
That evening there was a sense of calm and tranquillity that is becoming more and more difficult to experience due to our busy, hectic lifestyles. It was so lovely to see everyone letting go of their stresses and worries and truly enjoying the moment.
A total lunar eclipse will take place on Monday 21st August where the sun’s disk is totally covered by the moon. Unfortunately for us this total eclipse will be visible across the USA from the West Coast to the East Coast. This is the first solar eclipse in America since 1979!
We might not be able to see the total lunar eclipse, however we will be able to see a Black Moon on that date at around 9:30pm!
Now unless you are into astronomy in a big way definitions of various moons can get very complicated! This particular Black Moon (3rd New Moon in a season of 4 New Moons) is rare only occurring about once every 33 months.
We offer a Sunset Cruise every Sunday evening however to mark this special occasion we will be having a Black Moon Cruise Party on Monday 21st August.
- The Lady O will depart from Argostoli at 7:30pm (arrive at 7:15pm)
- On your arrival you will be welcomed by the crew and a drink.
- We will slowly make our way towards Vardiani Island while listening to relaxing music.
- Once there we will switch the music off so you can truly appreciate the sunset and moonrise only hearing the natural sounds of the sea and waves slapping against the Lady O.
- Then the Black Moon Party begins – we will celebrate with music and dancing (be prepared, the crew like to get involved!)
- There will be light snacks on board and free wine, however the bar will be open to purchase soft drinks, beers and cocktails :-)
JOIN US on this special evening for an experience that words cannot possibly describe
To book email us at email@example.com
Call us: 0030 693 6152 250/0044 7956 509 042
Let's cruise together!..................